"The year 2008 should be a banner year for advancing human rights in China . . .
Through our campaign Incorporating Responsibility 2008: Playing for the Future,
Human Rights in China (HRIC) will promote compliance with both Olympics promises and
international human rights obligations undertaken by the Chinese government towards
the Olympics and beyond. We invite you to join in our effort."
— Christine Loh Kung Wai & Andrew J. Nathan
Co-Chairs, Human Rights in China
- Full-color photographs capturing diverse views and landscapes across China
- Profiles of individuals who have been imprisoned for trying to exercise their human rights
- The names of over three hundred human rights defenders and prisoners of conscience, listed on the anniversaries of their detentions, who are scheduled to remain in detention throughout 2008
- Online monthly action alerts and news updates during 2008 on individuals and issues highlighted in this calendar; take action at http://www.ir2008.org
- Specially marked Beijing Olympic dates, key United Nations dates, and China-specific dates
- Holiday dates for the People's Republic of China, Hong Kong, the European Union, and the United States
- Measures 12" x 12" folded; 12" x 24" opened